Answers for our Times :
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- God sometimes does try to the uttermost those whom he wishes to bless.
- When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon,
my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.
- I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself,
I won't presume to probe into the faults of others.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed.
It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honored by the humiliation of their fellow beings.
- It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.
- In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
- There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.
- To give service to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean;
if a few drops of the ocean are dirty,
the ocean does not become dirty.
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.